Dirkosh Crunch makes vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free crisps inspired by a local favorite (Injera). With the goal of sharing Ethiopian culture, every bite delivers crunchy goodness that nourishes you, our planet, and a country desperately in need of an agriculture revolution.
Note from the Founders:
“We started Dirkosh Crunch originally because it’s the snack we wanted to eat a chip with just teff grain and spices. But soon we realized by starting a conscious company that made the chips entirely in Ethiopia, we could provide jobs for at-risk women and help tackle local food problems. When we begin exporting, however, we want to contribute to a better image of our country that inspires the world to rethink who we are and the role we can play globally for a better future for everyone”.
Project Description and Goals:
Dirkosh’s primary challenges relate to marketing their product in new markets with a limited start-up budget. It will also be important to evaluate the teff component of the Dirkosh value chain for future long-term planning. Specific challenges and SMART team objectives are as follows:
- Research the snack market in the US and EU and conduct a benchmark analysis of Dirkosh Crunch vs. products currently available in the US market. This would assist Dirkosh in their challenge of launching their product in the US and EU with a limited budget.
- Evaluate the current marketing plan for Dirkosh Crunch in Ethiopia and design a marketing strategy for the US.
- Document the case study of Dirkosh Crunch to preserve its founding history and increase global brand recognition.
- Research, analytical, and writing skills
- Knowledge of the emerging markets sphere
- Experience conducting market research
- Interest in agriculture / value-added products
- Focus on sustainability
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team and embrace/respect other cultures
Suggested Timeline and Logistics:
To be determined. Tentative project days 9-20 Janaury 2018